Tr6 lightweight flywheel recomendations

Hi All,

I have an ally 13lb flywheel, it has a steel insert, now i have discovered the insert has warped slightly, in

that i can insert a 5 tho feeler gauge under a third of the insert circumference.

So plan is to replace insert if i can get hold of one or fit new flywheel.

But which one..... recommendations please

Thanks

Guy

2013-01-02174146.jpg

There is not one ;) here we go :lol:

Heres one Neil, even if i started the thread :)

Dont fit an ally one, as the steel insert being only 5 mm thick will at some point warp or crack,

its only a matter of time, mine had cover 10k only :mellow:, ok so replace the insert, well i might have if i could of

got hold of one but alass this was not going to happen. If you have to have an ally one make sure your supplier

has new replacement inserts in stock <_<

Fit a steel one

And Thank you once again Neil for helping me locate and ship a perfect Steel one

Cheers

Guy

Edited by Jersey Royal

Guy,

I'd be more concerned if the steel flywheel clutch face was running out, have you checked it ?

I would not condemn it without checking it, place crank in a block with any old bearings on that fit,including thrust washers ( check run out on crank/flywheel mating face by DTI (hopefully none after allowing for crank float) and then fit flywheel to crank and check run out on clutch steel insert face.

Mick Richards

Guy,

I'd be more concerned if the steel flywheel clutch face was running out, have you checked it ?

I would not condemn it without checking it, place crank in a block with any old bearings on that fit,including thrust washers ( check run out on crank/flywheel mating face by DTI (hopefully none after allowing for crank float) and then fit flywheel to crank and check run out on clutch steel insert face.

Mick Richards

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mick

I am planing on checking run out on new steel flywheel when i fit it, as per brown book.

As for the ally one that warped , to be fair i did unavoidably overheat it on one occasion in France, which will

most likely have contributed to the warp.

Thanks

GUY