Genuine TR7 sprint on Ebay

Dave.  It was at the TR Register International in 2003 partially complete.  It is a genuine SJW TR7 sprint.  I believe it has sat in Robsport's "junk yard" for many years before being rescued and undergoing a full restoration.

Robsport have spent a lot of money on this car and it was for sale for a 'substantial' amount of money:

robsprint.jpg

We took this to mean over 10K  :o

Malcolm.

Alex,

Good point Alex ,But look at it this way,my everyday car is an Audi S4 Avant,it has had a host of new none service parts fitted by the local Audi dealer .Is a 2 year old car therefore not genuine?

In the case of my Sprint other than the engine, the main components I replaced were suspension ,Trim and brakes  etc ,but managed to retain the body shell the car came with.I have seen most of the genuine sprints around and the majority have been in a bad way.

I was however in a fortunate position where my car had been off the road since an accident in 1983 and basically sound.As to value, I think a good "rebuilt original" Sprint can be worth the equvalent conditioned TR8 money no more!! and again only I suppose if someone wants it.

As a comparison I have a Porsche 968 Cabriolet with production figures less than that of a TR8 an equally rare car then,at £14,000 what would you rather have?  

I hope Simon gets his money ,it can only be good for the marque!!

John

Ps I can see you in a 355??? its for sale

I hope Simon gets his money ,it can only be good for the marque!! ??? Why I do not see how one good sale will be good for the marque are you hopeing that all other Triumph will go up a £ or to ? and would that be good for the marque you tell me to me what would be good is seeing more Triumph out on tne road and in this I not very good as my only did 500 Mi last years. Please do not get me wrong it a top car and a TR7 Sprint is a grate car I miss my more then all the other Triumph I had but I do not see how one sale will be good for the Marque.

I will get my hat and coat and take cover now

Peter

Alex,

Quote "It has had a host of new none service parts fitted"

2 doors a front wing,front suspension ,2 wheels and tyres to be exact,got a bit exited on the Autostrada!!

Coy's determine "original" as a car either in "untouched original condition" or restored to its "original factory specification".A big local classic car broker to me prefers a properly restored documented car as in his opinion ,it is hand built and usually better than when it left the factory.

Personally I have owned a couple of original low mileage cars and there is nothing to beat that.

Peter,

No need for hat and coat,I'm still trying to work out what your point is.

John