I just acquired TVC65R which looks as if it had several Register owners in the past, condition is not to bad considering it's been unused for about 6 years since it failed the MOT on the floor pans.

I have a huge folder of bills etc and it has had a lot of money spent on it during the early nineties, one insurance valuation was for £4500.

The car was on ebay but the guy I bought it from is only about 20 miles away, his name is Ken Clarke who is obviously an expert on building sprint engines, tuning & racing them.

Any further information on the car would be interesting, including when it got an engine transplant to the sprint variety

Dave.

:o

Dave.  The car is known to the TR7 Register, as you suspected, and I have the names of two of the previous owners.  There's nothing on the computer but I'll have a rifle through the paperwork tomorrow and see if I can find anything interesting for you.  I can also give you the names and contact details of the owners but it will be worth checking with the office to see if they are still members and if my info is up to date.

ACG 17413 was a home market car, built between Oct 1976 and June 1977 (ACG 10001 to 23406) at Speke.

Malcolm.

Malcolm,

I have just sent you details of the Car in an email.

It seems to have survived pretty well intact, some of the welding in the engine bay would look more at home on a steam boiler but at least it's intact and salvageable.

The renovation it underwent in the late 80's seems to have helped as it was done to a good standard.

The interior is excellent and I put that down to the lack of sunroof, just big holes to let the water through!

I am well chuffed to have got an early FHC in the garage again.

Dave :cool:

Chris,

Do you have any thoughts on when the sprint engine was fitted?

According to the paperwork it had a replacement in 89 and 92, but was it perhaps done by the factory originally?

The 4 speed box was replaced in 92 also, seems odd having a 4 speed box with a sprint engine.

Dave ???

The 4 speed box was replaced in 92 also, seems odd having a 4 speed box with a sprint engine.

Not that odd Dave.  As I wrote in the current TRAction the first works rally TR7s had sprint engines and 4 speed boxes.....

Malcolm.