Find

Guest JGG

It is a fair point of advice for others though.  When I went to collect our 77 FHC which had been stored for a while I arranged to have it trailered (thanks Clive) and didn't rush to start it and drive home.

Malcolm.

Thanks for that Chris I was beginning to think I was a novice on the TR7,also thanks to others for the goodwill.

Don't think It would be fair to drive the car back from the Germany at this time of the year anyway.

Chris, Mike who you met last month will sell you his Skyliner ,at the last count it has had £27,000 worth of mods and puts out 580bhp, its an astonishing car to drive,says you can have it at any time he wants my 355.

John

PS TR7 is RHD

Take the money with you John so you can drive it back. It will be like getting a new one.

Apologies John and Chris, I assume now that Chris' comment was intended tongue in cheek rather than as a serious suggestion (should've known better!).   I once saw a rebuilt engine wrecked by starting without aome preparation making sure that oil was well pumped round.

The jury is out on my "find" a few things about the car that gave me an adverse "gut" reaction.

I will tell you though,if you don't mind a LHD car Germany is the place to go,how about a 1997 Boxster for £11500,a 2000 Audi TT £9,500 or a 2002 Passat diesel estate for £5700.

John

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Mark.  I'm sure others will share their experiences but I've always run my 7s (and V8s) on unleaded and had no problems.  You might get better performance from a more expensive 'super' unleaded, but I can't say I've ever noticed a measurable difference.

Malcolm.