Another reason to go to watch the Jigsaw race at Mallory Park on August Bank Holiday Monday is that I have just heard that the Triumph SLR is entered to be driven by long time TR racer Steve Chapman. Steve has got involved with the car in the last 12 months and TR Enterprises have also done a lot of work to make the car reliable and hopefully competitive. Steve has recently returned from Assen in Holland where the car performed well at a large Morgan meeting and Steve has also had its entry confirmed for this years Goodwood Revival.

Those of you who were at the 2010 Goodwood Revival, me included, would have been disappointed to see the car manage only a few laps in the Fordwater Trophy race before expiring in a cloud of smoke having run its bearings.

I had the pleasure of driving the car into the arena at last years International at Harrogate and talking to Graham Robson about it and finished up taking it home with me as the owner did not have a suitable tow car to return it to Shropshire. Unfortunately it only stayed at our house for a couple of hours until Steve Chapman collected it but nevertheless I had enjoyed my brief time with what is a fabulous looking car.