Bosch Fuel Pump / Filter

As I said before in this correspondence I had a Bosch kit bought from Moss. The sound was too high and sometimes the sound was even higher like the pump was starving for more fuel. I have 10 mm fuel tube (inner diam) from the tank and a large outlet.

Now I changed to the setup from Prestige Development & Injection. It is a Systec P3019.1 pump with one filter before and one after the pump.

I satisfied. The noise is lower and the pump is not starving for fuel. Current 9A. The Bosch kit from Moss had 10A.

The pressure is the same and in both cases. I use the PRV from Prestige Development.

Cheers,

Bengt

Does the swirl pot have a vent to take any air that gets drawn in back to the return at the top of the tank?

Sorry for not getting back sooner but I missed your post until now, yes the top of the swirl pot has a vent back to the top of the tank, as the PRV return is planned to go to the pot I intend fitting it to the existing PRV return connection on the tank so the returned fuel will go to the internal baffled area to be cooled by the fuel in the tank.

Out of circulation now for the next 6 weeks while work stops play :( but I'll let you know how I get on.

Graham

But Graham that was the exact problem with the early plumbing,the surplus warm fuel was returned into the filter thus depriving the pump of cool fresh fuel from the tank/filter/swirl pot.

roy

Sorry Roy missed your reply in amongst all the bitchin and handbag swinging ;) the difference with my intention is the return from the top of the pot back to the tank, the old way of the PRV returning to the CAV filter did not have this path back to the tank, I think Lucas may have copied a typical diesel set up of the day where the injection pump spill is returned to the filter inlet and where you will commonly find this CAV filter as well?

Just a thought, anyway like I said to Andy I'm away working for the next 6 weeks so no more time to experiment, thanks for your input by the way but I'd like to suck it and see, pardon the pun!!

ATB

Graham