2199cc fast road engine ebay – Buyer Beware

I recently won, on ebay, a TR 3/4 fast road engine, built by a well known and reputable engine builder, please note this was NOT the ebay seller.

After two weeks of unanswered telephone calls and emails l was unable to organise collection or payment for the engine with the seller.

At this point I set up a formal complaint through ebay and the seller did respond, giving a lengthy explanation why he had been unable to complete the sale. His email ended by saying that the engine had now been dropped and could not be sold due to substantial damage.

This engine will certainly come up for sale again. I would advise the purchaser to be mindful of this seller and the condition of this engine.

The world is full of these people. It is so tiring trying to be ahead all the time. Of course this is how retired elderly people end up paying £3000 to have the lawn cut. You are lucky you did not pay for it and never received anything. Is there an engine at all?