Adjusting fuel pressure

Having just changed all the injectors & fitted a new MU she's running very rich.

Previous owner had a new Bosch pump fitted last year & she was lumpy when I bought her late last year.

I'm hoping it's simply too much pressure, question is, how & where do I adjust the pressure?

I've got someone who's got the equipment to test the pressure at the MU but need to know what to do next if the pressure is too high, say over 106 psi.

Hello Fox

It might be better to send your presure relief valve the Malcom at Prestige injection to set up. you will no its set up right.

Lee

Ah, so it's nothing you can adjust yourself then?

Sounds silly, but on the service sheet from the previous owner it says "to re-adjust pressure to 112 psi.

Would you necassarily have a new PRV when you install a new Bosch pump?

I won't name the dealer but what they carried out on the previous owners service was scandalous & downright shoddy, so I'm not that happy with what's been done.

the valve is in the boot and can be set on thr vehicle.just make sure you check the pressure at the metering unit with the engine running.

Thanks, I'll be having a quick look later on & your MU is all reboxed & will hit Royal Mail in the morning thanks.

the valve is in the boot and can be set on thr vehicle.just make sure you check the pressure at the metering unit with the engine running.

Just back from the depths of the boot, I think I've found it?

go from the tank, follow the large pipes past the the bosch pump & up on the floor is a union that is bolted to the body & has a large union on top that comes from the bosch pump it then has what looks like a return pipe that goes back to the top of the tank then the other end it goes through the floor I guess to the MU.

Now, if that union is the PRV then it looks mucky & dirty & shows no signs of being disturbed, I can't even see where or how you alter the pressure. It looks like it's in 2 pieces & possibly has 6 sides of maybe 9/16th or 5/8th spanner size?

Or................I've found something else!

Hello Fox

There is 2 hexigon unoins the first one after you remove the pipe contains the filter. remove that and that get you access to the second one wherer you will find a plastic philips head adjuster. you wind in or out but be carefull they will snap if forced. thats why i went to prestige and have had no problems with my set up.

Lee

Mr Fox

Have a look at this site, shows a schematic of Pi system, hover you mouse over the drawing and a picture will appear

Find the PRV bottom right.

The adjustment is behind that red cap, clockwise to increase, anti clockwise to degrease.

You might as well remove the tewo sections to give it all and the strainer a good clean.

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/tlweb/tr6/injection/system.htm

Hope this helps.

Also look here

http://www.lucasinjection.com/

Good Luck

GUY