TR2 reg:RCD 903

Hi Folks. Recently acquired above 1954 UK car for restoration. Originally BRG with red trim. Previous keeper on V5 from Marlow doesn't recall a great deal about the car. Apparently it was rallied by 2 brothers who had it for some time.

It was originally delivered from the factory to C.A. Britten. Anyone know who/where they were ?

Any info greatfully received.

Trevor.

If you have names try just typing them into google... sometimes you can be lucky.

Another route is 192.com

I traced the third owner of my car through 192.com after gleening some information from thepeerage.com, and the second through his old Oxford College website which was one of the results of a google search.

Not bad using information that was nerarly 45 years out of date for a 50 year old car.  

I also managed to trace the first owner, but it was to late to speak to him.

Thank you Mike, Clive & Alec. I have still to collect  the paperwork for the car, although the old green log book is no longer available. I wil try and get a vehicle history print from DVLA, and try the other suggested lines of enquiry and then I'll get back to you Mike with what details I have.

Thanks for your interest.

Regards

Trevor.

Thanks for you help.

Hi there ,

If you want to try to find the very early history of your car, then you can see what if any info. survives against RCD 903. Sometimes if you are lucky you can find allsorts, even early owners. Other times nothing.

If you want to find out, the records for RCD are reputedly stored with East Sussex Record Office tel. 01273 482349. Ask if they think they are holding anything for that registration and how much for a photocopy (can vary from £3 - £20 depending on authority).  For anyone else trying to trace their car records the same way, you need a copy of how to trace the history of your car by Philip Riden, cost £5.95, published Merton Priory Press.

All the best with your search,

Regards,

john M. Saunders

• 1 month later...

(standard triumph) KA 5539 was originally supplied by Liverpool dealer C.A. Britten & Co. Still in Merseyside some twenty-eight years later under the guardianship of a Mr Philip Francis,

http://www.standardmotorclub.org.uk/sales/cheffins.htm

try liverpool local historians or cheffins etc you may get a photo of the dealersip from local papers

hope this helps