Right Hand Indicator - Non Functional with Headlamps on

Hi,

After re-commisioning back into service after a 12 Year Lapse the Indicators were Flashng Slowly.

After fitting an Eltrotronic Flasher Relay - 3 Pin Type wth Pins 49,49a,31.

The Behavior is :-

No lights - Left & right Flash At Std Speed

Side Lights - As Above

Head Light Dip or Main - Left works - Right Doesn't?

Any Ideas?

Thanks In Advance.

It sound exactly the same as the problem I had which I traced to a bad earth connection. The easiest way to overcome this is to add a new earth from the flasher to the earth inside the engine bay on the RHS wheel arch.

It sound exactly the same as the problem I had which I traced to a bad earth connection. The easiest way to overcome this is to add a new earth from the flasher to the earth inside the engine bay on the RHS wheel arch.

Thanks - Is the Black wire the original Earth?

Yes, black wires are earths, and they are a pain in the proverbial on Wedges - it is worth finding them all, and cleaning up the connections at BOTH ends to bright metal. Same goes, of course, for any joints in earth leads.

One tip to reduce corrosion once cleaned up - seal the blighters with a decent blob of hot melt glue. Great stuff, reduces vibration so they stay put, and keeps water out !

Cheers,

Alec

Yes, black wires are earths, and they are a pain in the proverbial on Wedges - it is worth finding them all, and cleaning up the connections at BOTH ends to bright metal. Same goes, of course, for any joints in earth leads.

One tip to reduce corrosion once cleaned up - seal the blighters with a decent blob of hot melt glue. Great stuff, reduces vibration so they stay put, and keeps water out !

Cheers,

Alec

Thanks for the Tip - I'll start traceing them this week end.

Whilst you are at it, it is worth paying attention to the "red " headlight connectors under the bonnet (at the front where the headlight clamps are)as these always suffer from corrosion problems and will give problems with the lift motors.

The main light switches often give problems too - corrosion in the form of green gunk builds up within the switch - it is fairly easily to dismantle and clean the terminals and brass rockers - again will give all sorts of problems.