Camber and Toe in

Hi All,

I would be grateful if some one could advise me

on ..

What the ideal camber for front and rear wheels?

Also ideal toe in on front? (posibly 1/16?) Does the width of tyre make any difference?

I have had a quick look through a manual could only see the Toe in above.

Thanks

Guy

Hi All,

I would be grateful if some one could advise me

on ..

What the ideal camber for front and rear wheels?

Also ideal toe in on front? (posibly 1/16?) Does the width of tyre make any difference?

I have had a quick look through a manual could only see the Toe in above.

Thanks

Guy

Guy, the front and rear geometry specs are in the front of the Benley book in the General Specifications section. Page 04.3 in my .pdf copy.

Here they list:

Camber: Front 0 degrees plus or minus half a degree, Rear 1 degree plus or minus half a degree

Caster: 2.75 degrees plus or minus half a degree

Toe in: front and rear, 0 to 1/16 inch

I think the caster is pretty much fixed by the front suspension geomery but you can of course shim/adjust for toe in and camber.

I put 1 degree of camber on the rear of my TR6, an easy adjustment with the GP TA brackets..

Stan

<p>

<br />

Guy, the front and rear geometry specs are in the front of the Benley book in the General Specifications section. Page 04.3 in my .pdf copy.<br />

<br />

Here they list:<br />

<br />

Camber: Front 0 degrees  plus or minus half a degree, Rear 1 degree plus or minus half a degree<br />

Caster: 2.75 degrees plus or minus half a degree<br />

Toe in: front and rear, 0 to 1/16 inch<br />

<br />

I think the caster is pretty much fixed by the front suspension geomery but you can of course shim/adjust for toe in and camber.<br />

I put 1 degree of camber on the rear of my TR6, an easy adjustment with the GP TA brackets..<br />

<br />

Stan</p>

<p><br />

Thanks Stan for the Bentley Reference, i have currently mislaid mine, somewhere in the depths of my garage.

Now i know those are factory specs, which would have been based on the tyres fitted at the time.

Today improve tyre technology is much different, how does this affect those specs, I have negative camber on front and back,</p>

havent measured it but wildo, as a matter of interest.

My main concern is a check on the Toe in as i seem to have a very slight scroll to the outside of both

;front tyres, what has caused this, or whether its a proiblem i am as yet unsure , tyres are 195 x 65 Dunlop Sport 01

Cheers

Guy

Edited by Jersey Royal

<p>

Thanks Stan for the Bentley Reference, i have currently mislaid mine, somewhere in the depths of my garage.

Now i know those are factory specs, which would have been based on the tyres fitted at the time.

Today improve tyre technology is much different, how does this affect those specs, I have negative camber on front and back,</p>

havent measured it but wildo, as a matter of interest.

My main concern is a check on the Toe in as i seem to have a very slight scroll to the outside of both

;front tyres, what has caused this, or whether its a proiblem i am as yet unsure , tyres are 195 x 65 Dunlop Sport 01

Cheers

Guy

Good question re modern tires.. I dont have a clue so have just stuck with the published specs despite the whopping 215 radials..

There are web sites that help diagnose tire wear issues like this one http://www.procarcare.com/includes/content/resourcecenter/encyclopedia/ch25/25readtirewear.html

Dont forget there is a free and widely available .pdf version of the Bentley book, I figured by now everyone had a copy..

Stan

Thanks Chaps.

Heres a couple of photos of the ware to the front right tyre, the left front is the same,

The rears look fine.

If i run my finger from the floor going backwards across the outer segment of the tyre i can feel a ridge (sharp edge) to each tread.

The reast of the tread is perfectly smooth to touch. You should be able to make it out in the photos.

DSCN0082.jpg

DSCN0084.jpg

W ill take some photos from front and rear tomorrow

Cheers

GUY