wireing loom question

On fitting the loom to my car i have found some wires cut off and i don't know what there for.

Was hoping someone on here could tell.

Behind the dash just to the right of the heater there are two big brown wires and one small wire cut off, the big wires are the same size as the wires that go to the ammeter/

Anyone know what there for?

Thanks Ian

Is the loom a new one or an original? Do you mean cut off or just ending together with an insulated cap on the end? Is your car a late model with a voltmeter.

Stuart.

Then throw it in the bin and get a new one from these guys. http://www.autosparks.co.uk/ while you are ordering it ask for a heavy duty line and relay for the fuel pump and relays for the headlights. Dont forget to treat yourself to a new overdrive loom as well (if fitted).

Stuart.

Hi Ian

Brown wires are the main feed from the battery and as such are unfused.

Should you decide to ignore Stewarts advice and try to resuscitate your loom, then I can let you have a copy of an excellent wiring diagram and also a key to the colour codes.

Give me a ring if you want to collect.

John