Post 60 Fuel tank position..

Hi All And a Happy New Year.

I am trial fitting my ally fuel tank which is an exact copy of my steel tank.

However i am having issues with it. The cabin side the straps bolt down at the end of the upstanding brackets,

but on the boot side i have a selection of PO holes.

I have felt on the straps and some for the underside of the tank.

It does seem to me that the whole arrangement could do with the upstanding brackets being extended.

Would anyone have a photo of the position of the strap bolts on the boot side? Please

Cheers

Guy

Guy

Had the same issue on mine,do not forget we are talking horse and cart territory here :lol: just make sure the bolts are down in the cabin side and use suitable packers in the boot,no 2 straps are the same if you are still not happy make your own. Just make sure the hole at the top is right

Edited by ntc

Guy, was just out playing with the car and happened to be working on the bottom of it. I noticed that on my car the front strap locations are threaded (as you probably know) and there is a keeper plate on the bottom of the car on either side. What I didn't recall, is that on the rear of the car, they are also threaded holes with the same plate arrangement. You should be able to see these plates on the bottom of the car.

Let me know if you would like a pic and I can snap one for you easily.

Cheers,

Tush

Hi Tush,

I knew the front brackets were threaded.

However my rears arent, this was the rear of my car in 1991

img053-1.jpg

Not pretty.

I would appreciate a picture, will have to tidy the garage again to get the car back on stands.

Cheers

Guy