windscreen questions lots

what colour black should the frame be

How wide is the chrome strip that fits in the windscreen seal. the groove in my seal is less han 5mm wide and the picks i've seen of the strips look too wide to fit

I have a seal to fit between the frame and the body but looking in a moss catalogue it looks as if there is another bit of trim as will is that right?

Lastly what do i use to seal between the frame and the body ? was going to use windscreen sealer is that ok?

Thanks Ian

Ian,

As far as I know the screen surround should be the same black as the rear panel, sort of satin finish not gloss or matt! The chrome strip width is deceptive as it`s actually a "T" piece and the "leg" of the "T" sits into the rubber whilst the top section sits on top of the rubber (hope that makes sense?), so width is not too important. As far as I can see and from taking my frame off a couple of weeks ago there is only the rubber seal between the frame and body, you`re not getting confused with the dashtop lip as this sits under the windscreen frame to hold it in place? I`ve been advised to use a non setting sealer between the frame and body.

Hope this helps.

Steve.

Unless it's an early car like mine, when they were the same colour as the bodywork. ;)

When my car was repainted in 1988 I visited the paint shop just in time before he painted it black! :wub: