Fitting Rear Wing Bead

Trying to fit the rear wing bead, problem is that I get a gap between wing and bead at the point that the bead goes over the stone guard.

I take it that the bead does go right to the bottom of the stone guards so does anyone have any suggestions.

And I thought the lower windscreen rubber was difficult!!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Alexander

Same here! But mines only a 1/8th, am going to put some black windscreen sealant in gap and along top of alloy guards to stop water getting behind them unless anyone else has any suggestions.Norman

Re shaped the top of the large stone guard and now have a tighter fit, have used 3m's body sealant as Norman suggested, looks OK but what a fiddle, over six hours to fit one wing ( won't be getting a job with Stuart any time soon )

Alexander

Same here! But mines only a 1/8th, am going to put some black windscreen sealant in gap and along top of alloy guards to stop water getting behind them unless anyone else has any suggestions.Norman

Norman

Dry fit everything first, make sure the flange on the wing is flat where the bolts pass through

Edited by ntc

Problem usually occurs if the cut in on the wing return flange where the stone guard fits over either isnt there because its a repro or its been lost in the repair process. As that allows the guard inner edge to sit flush with the return flange of the wing and then the beading will fit closer in.

Stuart.