Fouled spark plug

Hi

The classics Oporto Grand prix is a upcomming event and still have some issues with 1971 PI :rolleyes: (I just droped the "problem word", it´s easy to explain to Miss) :D

After a petrol line cleanning, starting from the tank,all the way to the filter, PRV,old faithful LP, MU and injectors, inlet manifold, trotle, points, spark plugs and leads, Tr is pulling hard, but after some time, about 10 Miles, consistently get fouled Nº 3 and 5 spark plugs.The switching injector test does not change things and pressure variations at the injector is less than 10%.

20 MPG is average,

I'm I missing something ? :huh:

Thank you

Jose

Firing order is 153624. So those plugs are adjacent in fo. Is the distributor cap 'tracking' inside? or outside? Inside, look for slight marks between the two contacts. Outside: look for sparks in the dark.

Hi Jose,

'tracking' is high voltage arcing. The high voltage runs along the surface of the dizzy cap and makes a burnt 'track' by the ionized gases. As Peter states if it is on the outside of the cap then this is clearly visible when in the dark.

Have you tried hotter plugs.

Roger