More advice needed please....

Apart from my Radiator woes, the speedo wasn't working on the 2 when I collected it. The restorer had fitted an angled drive on the gearbox - but this had chewed itself up and broken off inside, also I'm not sure that this angled unit is really required.

I need to check that the speedo itself turns freely and that this isn't the root cause (I would have thought that the main speedo cable would have wound itself up if it were seized), but I'd also like some advice on the gearbox drive end.

I've searched the forum and it appears that the angled drive is only needed for o/d boxes on later cars, and so mine as an early non o/d set up should drive straight out of the box. If this is the case - is it as simple as pushing the cable end in and screwing on the outer cap? Apologies if this is nonsense, I havent actually got underneath yet to have a good look, but I wanted some early advice so I can work out any parts I need.

Thanks,

Rod

Rod,

I have just fitted the speedo cable on my O/D TR3a. You need to 81" or 84" cable and it fits a treat without an angled drive - it screws onto a threaded boss at the box and connects to the back to speedo with a knurled nut.

Search on this forum for the description that Stuart provided me with for the cable route - within the last 6 weeks I would guess.

Rgds Ian