I asked this question last summer and got no responses, so I will try again. Can someone please e-mail me a clear photo(s) of an SU linkage and choke set up on a TR4A or suggest a document that shows it. My TR4A presently has Stromberg carbs and I am converting to SU's. I have been unable to find a clear picture of this set up. The Haynes manual shows some of the linkage between the carbs but not the whole connection to the throttle lever. The US Moss catalog shows an exploded diagram, but it is still lacking some of the connection points. I need to see it on the car without the air cleaners in the way.

Thanks,

Antoni

Hi Antoni

I can email pictures of the carbs and linkages removed from the car, the only link missing, is the one to the throttle pedal

shaft. I still have no cylinder head yet to fit them on  

Email me direct if this is any use to you

Regards

Dale  :)

Antoni

Send me an e-mail to: andrew_s@ntlworld.com and I'll fwd the HS6 set-up for my 3A fitted to a 4A inlet manifold (off car) also.

You can never have too many photos of this kind of thing, as I've found out!

Cheers

Andrew

http://www.zen21606.zen.co.uk/Forum%20Gall...smith_2_big.jpg

Hi Paul

No, but I did have to fit the K&N Cone type filter as the standard K&N filter made contact with the inner wheel arch, the front one now clears by about 1/8th.

http://www.zen21606.zen.co.uk/Forum%20Gall...smith_2_big.jpg

The only modification to the inlet manifold was to plug the breather outlet with a suitable sized and threaded bolt (Allen).

Cheers

Andrew

Thank you both Andrew & Dale for the excellent photos of the linkage. Now I hope to finally get these new carburetors on and see if this engine can idle properly.

Regards,

Antoni