Big day tomorrow!

Hi all,

The TR6 finally arrived home this week. It's in an open shed dwarfed by the landy. I've taken the seats out and some of the trim and am hoping to get the wings, bonnet and bootlid off this weekend.

I can already spot a lack of inner rear wing but the floors and B posts seem solid.

I'll post some photos tomorrow.

Happy Friday!

Eli

Hi Eli,

good luck on your rebuild. I hope the tin worm is in short supply.

I would suggest don't go over the top on replacing bits and expenditure of effort but I'm sure you will.

Keep the pics coming in.

Roger

Thanks Roger!

I want to get the bodywork sorted before worrying about anything else. Drivers side wing is off but passenger side needs 3 bolts underneath (into sill) ground off. It doesn't look too bad so far... Drivers door and bonnet are also off, hope to strip the interior tomorrow.

5672532063_58af37aeb8.jpg

tr617 by EliGifford, on Flickr

5672530477_7d1d9708ef.jpg

tr64 by EliGifford, on Flickr

5672531895_f814d44b85.jpg

tr616 by EliGifford, on Flickr

5672531785_0178e1c27d.jpg

tr615 by EliGifford, on Flickr

5672531613_338a500bc1.jpg

tr614 by EliGifford, on Flickr

5672531453_5131e53817.jpg

tr613 by EliGifford, on Flickr

5672531357_f5ac71a4db.jpg

tr612 by EliGifford, on Flickr

Edited by EliTR6

Lot of work ahead, are u going to sandblast the shell, i only ask as i done my 4a with the dreaded electric grinder with wire brush attached but never again,

good luck with it,

regards nick.

Hi Nick, thanks! Budget is nil right now so anything that can be done with elbow grease will be done the old fashioned way :rolleyes:

Also, the local sandblasting company has sadly just gone out of business. Shame

Nothing in the photos looks too bad. My advice is to split the repairs into manageable tasks rather than what many do which is ripping the car apart and then wondering where to begin.

If funds are tight, I'd also try to work out an estimate on total cost and decide if you can afford to do it and over what length of time. Better to have a solid useable car than an immaculate unfinished project.

Keep the photos coming - it's good to see.

Nothing in the photos looks too bad. My advice is to split the repairs into manageable tasks rather than what many do which is ripping the car apart and then wondering where to begin.

If funds are tight, I'd also try to work out an estimate on total cost and decide if you can afford to do it and over what length of time. Better to have a solid useable car than an immaculate unfinished project.

Keep the photos coming - it's good to see.

Yup, definitely going for usable rather than concours. Got the other front wing off, looks better than the other side. I still think the rear might hold some nasty surprises in store for me :blink:

Floors look solid as is bulkhead, engine isn't seized and was running well before, as were the gearbox and diff. I have a new chassis so hopefully it will just be a case of repairing inner shell and new sills and then vroom vroom (after a few engine tweaks)!

The whole project seemed really daunting but now with the front end stripped I'm feeling a lot more gung ho about it