While I piece together my newly powder coated dash back, I have the old and rather tired looking vent seals only.

Moss/TRGB cannot help with replacement parts and I've got some pointers from Woolies trim.

What have other folk done for the seals either end of the vents and to replace the captive washers for the vent spindle?

Thanks

Mark

Mark

I ran into the same problem and gave my existing rubbers a good hot soapy water bath.I rubbed

glycerine ( small bottle from the Chemists ) over the rubbers, which softened it a little.

Mine were distorted from storage, so I made a frame from stiff cardboard to try and

re-introduce some shape into it.

Don't expect miracles but as they say " better than nothing ".

As for the three pronged washers on the vent spindles, have you tried TR Trader

www.trtrader.com for second hand vents ?

I have a vague recollection of some secondhand ones lurking in the depths of my shed

so P.M.if you have no joy.

Bob

Edited by bob-menhennett

Thanks Bob.

I got some Spire Clips from TRGB and some much improved vent grills. I've fitted some boot seal section to the bulkhead side of the vent chambers and re-assembled all the powder coated parts. The fibre padding on the vent paddle itself seems rather pointless, so I've left that out (planned to fit some 6mm neoprene, but I fail to see what good it will do!)and I need to find something that seals the dash side join. Once again I'm really not that fussed if it's not perfectly sealed, as it's not I'm looking for an airless car with the hood down and I always have my vents wide open - always.

Will post a pic' of the refurbished dash back - looks OK..

Cheers.

Edited by Mark1965TR4aBRG

Mark

I concluded that the "felt " on the flaps were little more than sound deadening rather than any sort of seal.

Glad that you are sorted with the spire clips and vent grills.

Little by little it will come together.Keep going...the end of the restoration is always worth the hard graft.

Bob