Instrument layout CR Series

Could someone with a CR series TR6 please confirm the correct layout of the small instruments (the type which have needles pointing up).  I am reassembling the dashboard after a complete restoration of a stripped basket case 6 so did not see original layout.  I took photos of 'CR' type dashboards at Gaydon a couple of weeks ago and they all had different layouts. Moss/Rimmer catalogues show left to right voltmeter, oil pressure, fuel and temp. is this correct? The TR6 on display in the Museum at Gaydon also had this layout.

Many thanks for your help.

Bill

Guest simonwtaylor

My (74 CR) voltmeter and temp gauge are transposed so I have permanent line of sight of the temp gauge, it may not be original but in order of preference left to right, surely Temp, Oil pressure, Fuel and Volts makes the best sense! I guess it comes down to useability versus originality.

:laugh:

I've just been looking at my TR6 handbook, which I thought was right for my CR, but the needles point down, which is CP series.

The minor instruments are in the same order left to right for both LHD and RHD cars :

lower left is Temp., upper left centre is Oil Pressure, upper right centre is Fuel, lower right is Ammeter.

In my genuine original handbook, the needles point upwards (proper CR layout),

LHD order is shown as lower left is Temp., upper left is Oil Pressure, upper right is Fuel, lower right is Voltmeter/Battery Condition.

RHD order is shown as lower left is Voltmeter/Battery Condition, upper left is Oil Pressure, upper right is Fuel, lower right is Temp..

In both LHD and RHD, the speedo is the outer, tacho inner.

Just for info., just had the covers off our 6 which is CR1548-O, RHD home market (from Heritage Cert.), and the lower left is Temp., and lower right Voltmeter.