TR5 Ignition Timing

A question for the ignition experts

'68 TR5 (PI) with a an original distributor, including the 7 degree mechanical advance. No vacuum advance.

Given the limited advance (14 degrees at the crank) what should i set the timing to at tickover? 14 degrees is a very limited advance range so what's the right compromise between to little advance at hight rpm and to much at tickover?

Running on 93 octane unleaded fuel, in Texas, with a daytime temperature in the 80's...

Thanks for the feedback.

I run 12-14 BTDC static time on my driver with its 7-degree dizzy, P.I. cam and triple Webers. You can check the Bentley but I think this is on or close to its spec.

Nice thing about the RoW dizzy is the vernier adjustment :rolleyes: . Set the crank to the desired value and dial the spark right in ;)

I run 12-14 BTDC static time on my driver with its 7-degree dizzy, P.I. cam and triple Webers. You can check the Bentley but I think this is on or close to its spec.

Nice thing about the RoW dizzy is the vernier adjustment :rolleyes: . Set the crank to the desired value and dial the spark right in ;)

Tom

Webers will stand more but Pi 12 max