Flex fuel line - tap to pump

I have been dealing with a persistent leak at the flex fuel line from the stop tap to the pump. I got a new braided steel line from one of the standard suppliers, which fits (barely) but is a tad too short. The line has little to no slack, and does not look right without a smooth curved run that would result from a line of the correct length. Has anyone had this problem. Can anyone recommend a supplier with a proper fitting flex line? Best of all would be an original new petroflex fuel line, but those are pretty scarce. Thanks for the help, as this is preventing me from getting my car inspected and back on the road. I could go with a rubber line, but it just doesn't look right.

Dan

Here's mine. You can see the rubber fuel line routing from the tap to the filter and from the filter with a U-shaped bend towards the pump. Remember: the inner wing and the pump (engine) are more or less independant: both move seperatly when you drive. Therefore, a 'generously shaped' bend is very useful to prevent leakage.

Menno

P1020381-1.jpg

Edited by Menno van Rij