Rocker cover and air box....

Yesterday at Mallory Park I saw a 1981 dhc with polished alloy rocker cover and chromed air box. As a dhc owner, I have always been dubious about changing my car from the original, but I must say they really complimented the engine bay.

Has anyone got these features on their cars, and if so, where did you buy them, and how much?

Regards, Alan. ???

Malcolm, I don't know how often you manage to visit shows featuring TR7's but, if you get a chance, check out the Chrome air box in a TR7 engine bay. I'm sure you would appreciate that it compliments the overall appearance of the engine bay and adds to our appreciation of the TR7 as a great sports car. Many people I saw at Mallory Park were impressed by the TR7 and were interested in owning one.

How bad can that be?

Regards, Alan.     :D

I'm not one for tarting up the engine bay - too much like hardwork if the car is used frequently.  I did, however, spray my airbox as the original paint was cracked and peeling off - this was a 20 min job, off with the box, quick rub down and spray in silver.  Looks okay for now; I may do it properly at some point ??? .    I also gave the airscoop a quick clean and respray in black - used some bbq paint I had left over :o

I may do the rocker cover but more than likely will just by a recon one in silver.

I bought a reconditioned rocker cover from Robsport a few years ago, it was powder coated in the original silver and was great value at £15.Last winter Rimmers did the original new airboxes for around £10 and these look great on the car.Although I am not keen on chrome parts generally I have seen many TR7 engine bays at concours competitions which look superb when certain parts are plated, a good example is Terry Edwards non standard car which is the best TR7 I have seen it looked as stunning as ever at Gaydon.