TR5 (& related) period ads

yes Alec, it appears they liked their booty in the boot!

Great thread! I would definitely like to see a selection of TR250 ads, for us North Americans.

Well, yycdave, watch this space, one of these next tuesdays I will actually start a new series about the TR-250, I have gathered enough material now to last a good few months! :)

Edited by Brett

Interesting find this week, this page was published by Sportwagen Zentrum, a Triumph dealer in Stuttgart, in the race program leaflet for the 21 July 1968 car race in Hockenheim:

44_SportwagenZentrum_fromProgrammSolitudeRennenaufdemHockenheimring21Juli68_800.jpg

Compared to last week’s ad, one can only notice the national clichés… The same TR5 goes over 200 km/h with 165 HP (SAE) in France, while in Germany it translates to a more realistic 195 km/h with 143 HP (DIN)...

• 3 weeks later...

Brett,

Just read through the whole thread, what a great post this is. Thanks from me.

Looking at the pics of JKV 654F on the 3rd page, it looks like there is no air inlet flap below the windscreen, although this could just be the angle of the pictures.

Also, the TR towing the Eriba caravan, has no rear over-riders, and appears to have number plate lights mounted below the plate, on raised spacers of some sort.

Really interesting to see how often what appears to be a 250 dressed up as a 5 is used in the adverts and features.

Well done!

Edited by mafield
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

FOR SALE; GKV 672E This unique car is up for sale, details can be found on page 3 ( TR5 and related period adds.)

The car has recently been fully restored for more information please cantact me on 07968391849 or email: ha3z9@aol.com

I am selling this on behalf of its owner.

£20,000.

Edited by Mike Hazlewood