Carpet again...

There are several carpet options for my TR4 and I could do with advice from those who have purchased as to which of the following is best - my funds are limited...

• TR Shop £125ish + P&P(I think)

• eBay cheapest £115 delivered - 5/6 week delivery

• eBay £150 Carrelli delivered - is this any better than the £115 eBay one?

• Another option?

• underfelt - which one - rubber backed?

Thanks, Christian

TR Shop and no underfelt. Use rubberised sound deadening pads instead right through the cab and up the firewall and the footwell sides, inside the doors and front and back of the tank.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart

The other option is to make your own. I bought commercial carpet remnants for$20 and used the old carpet for templates. I then got the place that I bought the remnant from to overlock the edges for $50. $70 for new commercial grade carpets that will probably never wear out.

Thanks for the tip Stuart. TR Shop carpet is £125 + £15 P&P...only thing is my Paypal account has money and my bank account doesn't! Anybody bought the cheapo eBay carpet?

Why not transfer the money from your Paypal account to your bank account?

Regards

Peter

TR Shop and no underfelt. Use rubberised sound deadening pads instead right through the cab and up the firewall and the footwell sides, inside the doors and front and back of the tank.

Stuart.

Stuart,

Does the same advice apply to TR3as or are they so noisy that it doesn't matter?

Rgds Ian

Money in my Paypal account might possibly go towards an eBay purchase for the TR, money in my bank account won't for the forseeable future...

I made the carpet for the last TR4 and it was okay however I always felt it was a shame - no sewn edges etc...

Stuart,

Does the same advice apply to TR3as or are they so noisy that it doesn't matter?

Rgds Ian

Absolutely works a treat! On a sidescreen car with the steel tunnel cover it pays to slap some over there as well. You dont need to cover the entire floor with them as all that does is alter the resonance to a different frequency. Random spacing or one smaller than an individual panel works far better.

Stuart

Money in my Paypal account might possibly go towards an eBay purchase for the TR, money in my bank account won't for the forseeable future...

I made the carpet for the last TR4 and it was okay however I always felt it was a shame - no sewn edges etc...

Talk to TR Shop and ask if you can pay by PayPal as he has stuff on Ebay all the time. Worth a call.

Stuart.

Absolutely works a treat! On a sidescreen car with the steel tunnel cover it pays to slap some over there as well. You dont need to cover the entire floor with them as all that does is alter the resonance to a different frequency. Random spacing or one smaller than an individual panel works far better.

Stuart

They also make the doors sound very solid if you put them inside.

Andy