engine upgrade

thank you for all the ideas youm sent me and i was wondering if anybody would know how much a uprated campshaft is.i got about coouple of hundred pounds to spend on the engine and will this be enought to upgrade the engine?i would like to have the most noisiest and powerful tr4 what i can afford.any pictures anybody of what been done to some enghines.

many thanks

chris

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chris,

go along to your local club meet and see what they think is possible.

It is possible to use some 2nd hand parts that may help you on your way.

A simple cam upgrade may not produce the goods unless you sort the head and have a decent exhaust system.

The problem with many upgrades is the fitting. If you have to pay labour charges then your money won't be enough.

Roger

Any even moderate performance increase will cost more that a few hundre £'s.

Best save for double that and maybe get a good Exhaust system or a cam and follow kit. Both and a head skim to slightly increase CR will help then a good setup on some rollers will work wonders - set it up got 98/99 octane on the rollers and stick to it and you should see a reasonable performance gain :)

I doubt he'll be racing it just yet Chris ;)