Body panels

Hello,

Earlier this week I started taking the TR apart. All four wings have bondo cracks and a serious bit of rust round the edges. Since the car will be used as a Francorchamps/Nürburgring warrior (with a nicely finished body though) I have been searching for lightweight panels. Main options are fibreglass and aluminium, the first of which will possibly take a lot of work to make fit properly and the last will be quite expensive.

Looking at a £2500 RTR alloy bonnet I immediately realised I will have to get my priorities straight :lol:

How do you feel about the fibreglass panels (fitment and price)? Are there any available that are slightly wider than stock (about 10 to 30mm)? Where should I start my search for the best quality panels available?

Any examples of finished panels are very welcome ;)

Regards,

Kristof.

Hi Kristof,

You could try a company called Honeybourne Moulding in Warwickshire, England.

They reproduce high quality panels in both Fibreglass and Carbon fibre for TR3/4/5 and 6 models.

The finish of the panels are very good and they will make them to your specification, Lightweight for racing or standard weight for road usage.

The wings normally required a small amount of work etc to get a perfect fit.

Contact phone number; 01789774603

Hi Kristof,

as Mike says, Honeybourne do a decent job

http://www.honeybournemouldings.co.uk/triumph.htm

and so do Smith and Deakin

http://www.smithanddeakin.co.uk/T-Z.htm

Fibreglass prices are very different to alloy, and the panels I've seen have all been a reasonable fit - like steel or alloy panels, they always require some work ! :D

Cheers,

Alec

Fitted a Moss fibreglass rear RH wing to a TR4 a couple of years ago. It was a fairly good fit. I have a LH one you can have for 20 Euros if you organise the transport

Cheers

Alan

• 1 month later...

Are there any suppliers who sell slightly widened fibreglass front and rear wheel arches? I have no extreme modifications in mind, but it would be really nice if I could fit a set of low offset Minilite reps under the car.

In "How to improve your Triumph TR2-4a" by Roger Williams, a set of fibreglass panels are mentioned, they are said to be 25mm wider than standard. Would be perfect for me.

Recommendations would be very welcome ;)