Servicing New Forest area

Hi Mr T,

and welcome !

The Dorset or Wessex Groups could probably help with local knowledge. It rather depends on which bit of the New Forest you're referring to. If the A354 Salisbury-Blandford road isn't too far away, thereon lies the service/MoT garage I've used for the past 20 years, and find well worth a 25 mile drive each way.

Cheers,

Alec

If you are down our end (Beaulieu way) then it might be worth asking Beaulieu Garage (01590 612999) if they can recommend anyone, or even do it themselves - though I doubt they would be cheap!

No practical knowledge from me at the moment as the 4a is still in quite a lot of bits (about 300 last time I counted!)

Chris

Hi Mr T,

and welcome !

The Dorset or Wessex Groups could probably help with local knowledge. It rather depends on which bit of the New Forest you're referring to. If the A354 Salisbury-Blandford road isn't too far away, thereon lies the service/MoT garage I've used for the past 20 years, and find well worth a 25 mile drive each way.

Cheers,

Alec

Thanks Alec - I'm at the Burley end of New Forest - can you give me the name of that Garage - thanks

Hi- try Pete at Martins of East Boldre ( just off B3054 Lymington/Beaulieu road ). I always get my classics MOT'd there,& occasionally repairs.

They also have a decent bodyshop.

regards

Richard