hi,

I was a field service engineer at the Service Division and worked under Gordon Batt for over ten years before being posted to BL New Zealand. I also had the pleasure of working with Ben Warwick who accompanied the cars to Sebring as  a mechanic. Great bloke! The guy on the right of the photo is definitely Peter Cox. We were both in the Boy Scouts together at Allesley as kids! I saw him frequently at the factory, nice chap Pete, sad loss. He once gave me a lift from the factory back to Allesley in one of the Le Mans Spitfires, scared the living daylights out of me. They were great days some of the best of my life, I’m still in touch with some of my fellow reps after all these years. Still have immense loyalty to the old Company - what’s tragic waste!

great to see your post and the photo,

best regards,

John Wheeler

BTW, the Peter Cox referred to is not the Pete Cox who is running Pete Cox & Son in Redditch, fettling gearboxes, overdrives and axles, and who, with Pete Buckles, founded Cox & Buckles Spares in 1970.  Glad to say that our Pete is still around!

Ian Cornish

• 2 months later...