Should there be cut outs on the bottom of the front shroud?

I am at the stage of refurbishing the front shroud on my TR3a. It is a bit tatty and frayed along the bottom edge and has a couple of scallops cut out where it bolts onto the front chassis extension irons. Should those cut outs be there or is this a bodge by a PO?

A photo would be ideal.

Thks Ian

I am at the stage of refurbishing the front shroud on my TR3a. It is a bit tatty and frayed along the bottom edge and has a couple of scallops cut out where it bolts onto the front chassis extension irons. Should those cut outs be there or is this a bodge by a PO?

A photo would be ideal.

Thks Ian

If you mean a couple of flat faced plinths shaped forward where the irons come through the panel then yes they should be there. Cant do you a pic as Im on home laptop and gone to Stafford at sparrow fart in the morning ;)

Stuart.

Ian, along the bottom edge of the front valance there are two factory original scalloped cutouts.

They are immediately above each of the angled bumper irons from the chassis.

But for some reason they aren't centred - the bumber irons usually come up closer to the inside curve of the scallop.

Regards,

Viv.

Ian, along the bottom edge of the front valance there are two factory original scalloped cutouts.

They are immediately above each of the angled bumper irons from the chassis.

But for some reason they aren't centred - the bumber irons usually come up closer to the inside curve of the scallop.

Regards,

Viv.

Viv,

Here is what I probably should have provided in the first place, a photo of the RHS lower edge of my front shroud. As you can see, there is a small cut out a little bit inboard of the plinth where the shroud bolts to the front bumper iron.

From what you are saying, they were put there by the factory, in which case I need to make the other side look the same because at the moment that part is somewhat frayed and rusty and I will have to let in a new piece of steel.

Rgds Ian