TR4 Choke Cable

Hi All,

I recently tried to take of and replace a decaying knob for my choke cable and the whole choke handle came off in my hand. Thought I got a good deal for a replacement but the choke cable is to short. completed a DIY job and merged the old and new choke cable together and it works.

I am trying to locate on the chassis where the choke cable is fitted from the centre console through to the engine. The only entrance I can see is a hole with surrounding rubber protection where a pipe is located that connects to the heater vale, is this the correct entrance or is there another entrance that is used?

Thanks for your help.

Dan

No idea if it's original (and mine is LHD) but the choke cable and heater control cable both come through the same bulkhead hole (with grommet). This is immediately above where the heater hoses are.

Let me know if you need a photo...

Edited by TorontoTim

Dan,

You should be aware that the route of the choke cable is dependant upon the type of carbs you have.

For H6 SU's and Stromberg carbs the cable should come out through a 13mm hole in the bulkhead that is inside the line of the accelerator pedal fixing bolts.

If you have SU HS6's I believe that the cable comes through the same hole as the Heater Control Cable.

This hole is located almost directly above the twin pipe coupling that takes the two hoses for the heater through the bulkhead.

If you need any photos or diagrams, drop me your e-mail via a P.M. and I can send then off.

Regards, Richard ;)

I am trying to locate on the chassis where the choke cable is fitted from the centre console through to the engine.

The only entrance I can see is a hole with surrounding rubber protection where a pipe is located that connects to

the heater valve, is this the correct entrance or is there another entrance that is used?

There are two holes there (or should be), very close together.

I don't recall any hole in the bulkhead being used for two cables.

PM me with your email address and I'll send you a photo of the

holes that should be there in a rhd car.

Is your TR a lhd conversion?

AlanR

Mine is a left hand drive and I have stromberg carbs. if any one can email the pictures to me of how the choke cable fits through to the carbs, that would help me when refitting it. my email address is minid2008@hotmail.co.uk, thanks dan

Mine is a left hand drive and I have stromberg carbs. if any one can email the pictures to me of how the choke cable fits through to the carbs, that would help me when refitting it. my email address is minid2008@hotmail.co.uk, thanks dan

Dan,

My car is a late TR4 which was originally LHD fitted with Strombergs.

I converted it to RHD and changed to HS6 SU's.

However I did make a sketch of the original LHD bulkhead holes and uses as part of the changeover to RHD.

I will send you a PDF of the sketch which should help.

Regards, Richard