Chrome or Stainless Bumpers?

I was thinking of getting the bumpers on my TR4A rechromed. I got a quote and it is circa £850 to do a "top quality" job. I have looked at on line prices for new front/back bumpers and overriders and for chrome ones I am prob looking at £1000 all in. Then I found stainless ones which are much cheaper.

My question is what are the pro's and cons of stainless as opposed to chrome?

Cheers

Osbert

They dont go rusty and if you scratch them they can be re-polished. Fit and forget.

Stuart

Front and rear bumpers plus four overriders should cost apprx £500 for a top quality job (including any straightening).

One problem with stainless bumpers, if you put a very deep scratch(score) in them then polishing may not be practicable without leaving a slightly distorted surface. With chromed bumpers repair is easy (at a price).

Chrome polishes better than stainless for the same amount of effort but stainless lasts longer no matter how much polishing.

We are lucky to have such a choice :)

Roger