Door Top Finishers

Hi, Just purchased from Moss some new door top finishers for my 4A to replace badly damaged originals but I'm not sure how to fix them. The originals have a lip to help secure them, but these from Moss have nothing.

Novice and new to TRing so any help/advice is much appriciated.

Regards

Greg

From what I have read they are glued in position. But as you live in Hampshire if you want to find out for sure the wessex branch of the register are having their invited car night next tuesday from 7pm at IBM sports club Hursley nr Winchester bring somthing to cook on the barby. One of the members will have the definitive answer for you as well as plenty of chat.

Peter

There has been previous comment on them somewhere.

They come with a bit of a bow in them and if you get too energetic in the straightening process you can bust them.

I managed to get the driver side one glued in OK, but not the passenger side one, which I busted taking it off for go number two.

Looks like it is best to position and glue the straightest section, think of England for a day or so, then glue the remaining section.

I currently have my replacement under weights(to try to remove the bow in it) while I sort out why the ammeter isn't telling me the truth.

I used what is termed 'contact cement' here.

Also drilled a stepped two diameter hole at the big end for a screw into the door metal with a plastic plug to cover the hole.

Hi, Just purchased from Moss some new door top finishers for my 4A to replace badly damaged originals but I'm not sure how to fix them. The originals have a lip to help secure them, but these from Moss have nothing.

Novice and new to TRing so any help/advice is much appriciated.

Regards

Greg

Yes, my Moss ones were bowed, as described, but maybe I was lucky. I lightly sanded off the "gloss" on the door (taking care to keep within the fitted area) and sanded the rear of the finisher; applied contact adhesive to both door and finisher; and then the really hard part, waited for the glue to dry off, before fitting and holding down with tape.

I suspect the light sanding is the key, in both senses of the word.

Hope this helps,

John