Tonight I parked my 1981 TR7 FHC (best FHC at Billing, best standard TR7/8 at Malvern and pride of ownership winner at Stoneleigh) on the front of my garage, about half an hour later a chap knocked on the door to tell me his car  had run straight into my car damaging the wing.As we are too busy to repair it I shall just put it away until we have time to do it.
Awww sh1te - sorry to hear that Chris.  I do hope you get it back to top condition and don't have any problems with the insurance..... look for a positive - it could have been worse, it could have been someone dodgy who just drove off.
Thanks, I will eventually get it repaired but I use it every day so will have to tax my sprint engined FHC to use.The driver could not drive away as he is a neighbour and his truck had to be jacked up to get the car clear.

Jeez Chris!  Get it professionally repaired (at the cost of his insurance).  Don't wait, with insurance claims it's important to get repair estimates sorted out quickly, and there is no question of fault in this particular incident  :(

Hope you get it repaired to a suitably high standard and back on the road soon.

Malcolm.

Be carefull the insurers don't try and write it off, do you have an agreed value policy? If not you could allways accept their offer and should be able to keep the car at a salvage purchase cost.

Rob.

• 1 month later...
Got the car out ready to go for repair, whilst in the house a car has again rolled down the road and damaged the other side, think Ill sell it when its done and buy a Micra, must be safer.
Chris -How much is it to park my modern car in front of your house for a couple of days?
Jeez Chris :(  you're not having much joy at the mo!  You've not magnetised the car or something have you?  You can always park it on my drive :;): , obviously I'll need the keys to keep it ticking over, and give it a good blast every other day, errr I mean a gentle run around the block.

Talk about no luck! Thought lightening did'nt hit twice. Have you thought about putting some security poles into the drive? They are easy to fit and good ones will stop a car, mind you it will probably be a lorry next time to give you a full set.

Hope it all works out all right

Andy

Thanks everyone,I have now had time to think, I shall be getting it back to its best as soon as possible, meanwhile I have been using my TR8 DHC, I still miss the 7 FHC though as they are so much more practical.I wont be parking in front of my garage anymore as things are supposed to happen in threes.
  • 3 weeks later...

Chris,

Sorry to hear your bad news (remind me not to park near to you :;): ) as I know how much you liked that particular car - never mind look on the bright side with S&S doing the work it will come back better then NEW!

Richard

Richard, Im confident they will do an excellent job, just a pity Ive not been able to use it this summer, means Ive put some miles on my gold car.Probably see you on Saturday as Im coming up your way.

Mike,

Its still the speedway season and even though Sheffield arent doing very well,I will still be going along to support them.How about visiting us at the White Rose group some time its only just off the M1.

Chris,

Here's one for you some demented sikh in a tatty blue van going like the clappers just smacked me in the rear wing of the 8 - must be the time of year for such things. Surprisingly very light damage but a whole front cave in to the front of the van, bumper off and a flat tyre. Amazing how strong these cars are - rear wheel took most of the knock - light paint chip damage -  with light damage to the sill and edge of the arch area. Will need some work and paint but not a lot - van on the other hand will be a right off. If I'd been a split second slower and he'd have hit me in the door and then that would have been a problem!

Richard

Guest jimmyboy

sorry to hear that mate you must have been well annoyed. at least he came and spoke to you about it and just did not drive straight off, hope you get it back on the road soon.

take care.

Thanks Guys,

However I guess you could say every cloud has a silver lineing as the damage was so light to my TR how ever his van was completely totalled having a bent front end - bumper off and two flat tyres. It never ever ceases to amaze me just how strong these superb cars are. The second amazing thing was that I needed the car sorting out for the TR Register international in a few weeks time - as S&S restored the car in the first place I wanted them to fix the damage - unfortunately when I gave them a call on Wedenesday they said Ian the painter was going on holiday Friday and wouldn't have chance to fix it before the international but if I emailed a few photo's through they'd get him to take a look. Thursday I spoke to them again - amazing news Ian was up for one heck of a challange and if I got the car to them by 08.00hrs Friday he would have a go at doing it all in one day. The speed with which Ian worked was truely mind blowing - 17.20hrs all finished! - my thanks and sincere appreciation for the fastest turn round I have ever seen of such a high standard.

Thanks Ian and the guys at S&S.

Richard

post-12-1088963952.jpg