Last friday the 2 rear wings and boot after almost 2 weeks preparation were painted in colour, this took 10 minuites.

A bit of a run on one wing and a small mark on the other were no problem, for when all is screwed together its going back for a final go over and polish.

The wings fitted a treat ( no doors yet ) but these and the doors were from the car originally and I have had them trial fitted along with the front wings which are a bit of a hotchpotch of other wings as well, this is the good news.

The bad news is the boot which is nicely painted but doesnt fit, I forgot that it came from another car and after I repaired the bottom edge, I

never gave it a thought but its bad the centre is too far towards the fuel tank and the outer corners are protruding too far.

Lesson one always trial fit.

To fix it now its painted is a bit like the surgeon talking to the car mechanic who told the doc that he had to work on all sorts of car engines,

whilst the doc only had 2 types to repair, to which the doc replies something to the effect that he has to do it all with the engine running.

Have a look at the pics, any suggestions gratefully recieved as usual.

DSC04956.jpg

DSC04957.jpg

DSC04958.jpg

Peter as its going back for final polishing etc then you may as well get brutal with it. My usual technique for that is take the boot lid off, remove the stiffening frame and put the rear section of the lid down on a blanket covered low bench, then put your knee in the middle of the lid where the lock would be and pull up on either side. You would be surprised how it will bend. You will then probably have to bend the stiffening frame a bit as well to get the lower bolts to line up again. The only problem that you may find after is the gap on either side by the light pods may be a little bigger. Lesson being try every panel on the car before final fitting and dont take it as read that the panel from one car will fit another in the same way.

Stuart.

Peter as its going back for final polishing etc then you may as well get brutal with it. My usual technique for that is take the boot lid off, remove the stiffening frame and put the rear section of the lid down on a blanket covered low bench, then put your knee in the middle of the lid where the lock would be and pull up on either side. You would be surprised how it will bend. You will then probably have to bend the stiffening frame a bit as well to get the lower bolts to line up again. The only problem that you may find after is the gap on either side by the light pods may be a little bigger. Lesson being try every panel on the car before final fitting and dont take it as read that the panel from one car will fit another in the same way.

Stuart.

Hello Stuart,

well I wouldnt have believed it, I took your advice and removed the frame, the lid closed a little better but with a bit of pushing and pulling the boot lid lines up very well with the contour of the valance, the boot gaps need adjustment, but thats not a problem.

The frame though doesnt line up now but I can bend it straighter as they say, so the frame wasnt helping the situation in the first place.

Thank you for your spot on advice AGAIN, regards to Albert.