Electric Washer

Hello

My pump action washer is not working on my TR4 and rather than replace it with another inefficient unit I have decided to install an electric motor and pump that I got from Moss. Can someone who has done this conversion let me know where tha best place is to put the pump? I was thinking somewhere under the dash would be best.

Thanks

Myles

Hello

My pump action washer is not working on my TR4 and rather than replace it with another inefficient unit I have decided to install an electric motor and pump that I got from Moss. Can someone who has done this conversion let me know where tha best place is to put the pump? I was thinking somewhere under the dash would be best.

Thanks

Myles

Hi, what does the pump look like, is it a small unit? Typically they sit on the lid of the washer bottle.

Andy

Hi Myles,

My washer motor is eventfully going under the dash.

2lctyra.jpg

Click on thumbnail

Steve

iz7onc.jpg

Click on thumbnail

Hi Steve,

Under the dash may not be a great place for it. If it develops a leak, there's lots of wiring close by.. :o . The electric washer pumps also push well but suction is not brilliant (a bit like the Lucas fuel pump) so closer to the water bottle may be the way to go. ;)

Cheers

Tony

The pump I have is the GWW125 one from Moss

http://www.moss-europe.co.uk/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=12788&SortOrder=12

Looks like it would sit on top of the bottle in a TR6 normally.

I am thinking about bolting it to the rectangular stay that runs from the bulkhead to the grab handle in the passenger footwell. Not too far from the washer bottle and not near too many wires either.

Any views on this?

Myles

The pump I have is the GWW125 one from Moss

http://www.moss-europe.co.uk/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=12788&SortOrder=12

Looks like it would sit on top of the bottle in a TR6 normally.

I am thinking about bolting it to the rectangular stay that runs from the bulkhead to the grab handle in the passenger footwell. Not too far from the washer bottle and not near too many wires either.

Any views on this?

Myles

Thats where I have the one on my 4a although you need to be careful of the glove box being very close.

Stuart.