Replacement Surrey Top

Hi Everyone,

I recently bought a replacement vinyl Surrey Top from ETC, which looks fine, except that it is missing the four press studs which attach the corners to the roof pillars. I was wondering where I can obtain the necessary studs, and how to fit them. Do I need special tools?

Regards,

CJG

Widely available - known as 'durable dot' fasteners. You'll need button and sockets for the hood material and (if not already fitted) studs to attach to the body. 15mm (9/16") is the most common size. A special tool is ideal to get a neat fitting, generally available from the same supplier but they're not cheap (can be done without, but get a few extra to experiment with ;)). Example here http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/c-57-durable-dot.aspx

Have you got the studs fitted for the centre of the roof panel - 4 off in the middle on a flap and one at each end of the centre rail.

The studs are not usually fitted when purchased to allow good fitment to your car.

Roger

Edited by RogerH