removing front valance

I called myself searching for this, but didn't see much. Appologies if I missed something, but I would like to know what is involved with removing the front valance/front grill. I am planning to do some work on my radiator and would like to get this off and out of the way. I have a '56 TR3. It looks like there are bolts running along either side and I would need to unplug the headlights and running lights. Anything else I'm missing? Is it fairly easy or a pain?

Thanks,

Eric

I called myself searching for this, but didn't see much. Appologies if I missed something, but I would like to know what is involved with removing the front valance/front grill. I am planning to do some work on my radiator and would like to get this off and out of the way. I have a '56 TR3. It looks like there are bolts running along either side and I would need to unplug the headlights and running lights. Anything else I'm missing? Is it fairly easy or a pain?

Thanks,

Eric

Dont forget the stays from the chassis up to the starting handle guide and the cross bar at the rear of the front panel and also it will help to slacken the bolts down the front wings up to about half way back in the engine bay sides. Be careful with the wing beading as its easy to scratch the paint on the front panel when sliding it forward. You may find it safer to actually remove the head lamp buckets and reach in to each side and bend the beading tags inwards before removal.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart