Photo found on Flickr

Interesting photo.

Is that an Armstrong Siddeley Sapphire on the right, and a Bristol 401 in the middle?

Regards

Peter

Yes I think you are correct. Note also the nice "Standard Cars" illuminated glass sign at the top of the picture towards the left.

Nick

If you click on the welsh filing reference below the pic. you will find that photo is one of three. All are interesting and one is a front view. The car is a bit of a mystery at present, as I am unable to match the spec. of the car to the records for the early cars. However, it must be before TS 140. I do wonder if it is a very early car retro fitted with wire wheels.

Further, if you check on the welsh site itself there are a considerable number of TR2 even TR3 pics. from the same source. One of a TR2 in a repair garage, front fully stripped, o/s front inner wing dented, being rebuilt. Another out on a rally track, or rough green lane. well worth looking around.

Cheers, John S

In the second of three photos down, it appears to me as if the hood stick cover goes all the way down to the bottom lift-a-dot snap. Look under the hand of the man standing near the rear wheel on the far side of the TR where to sidecurtain and door are open.

• 2 weeks later...

David - You have just comfirmed something that I didn't know about the very early hood stick covers. And as an added advantage of this being so long, there is a steel frame inside that bottom back corner edge of every sidecurtain and on my 1958 TR3A, when I'm driving with the sidecurtains on but the hood stowed in the boot, that bottom steel frame corner vibrates against the paintwork and chips the paint off the rear quarter panel dog-legs. Even when the sidecuratin has a good quality vinyl covering to prevent this. I can only assume that the very early hood stick covers helped to prevent the paint getting chipped.

I have fabricated a sort of glove (one for the LHS and one for the RHS) to hang onto the top lift-a-dot peg to add some cushioning to prevent the paint getting chipped on my rear quarter panels.