Have this piece which I cannot identify from workshop manuals/Moss catalogue ,it came with my 3a in kit form which is progressing nicely, seems to be part of the steering column fixing but where does it go ? Or is it a rogue part from some other car? Help please

post-6792-126944603803_thumb.jpg

post-6792-126944603803_thumb.jpg

Hi Norman,

It is the steering column clamp that attaches at the bulkhead. I will see if I can find a good picture to post. If not, I am sure that someone will have one.

Not a great photo, but might give you the general idea

P1060674.jpg

Cheers,

M. Pied Lourd

Edited by M. Pied Lourd

Hi Norman,

Its the top bracket for the steering column inside the engine bay on a split column car.

It mounts vertically onto the firewall below the steering column. I think it is handed depending on whether or not you have a LHD or RHD vehicle but can be re-shaped to fit either side without too much difficulty.

Rgds Ian

Thanks people you've answered my question once again, I can see exactly where it fits,strange its not in any manual or catalogue would have been lost without you. Thanks again. Norman.

Have this piece which I cannot identify from workshop manuals/Moss catalogue ,it came with my 3a in kit form which is progressing nicely, seems to be part of the steering column fixing but where does it go ? Or is it a rogue part from some other car? Help please