Window Channels

Hi, I have bought replacement 4 window channels for my TR5; however, they are a much larger profile than the originals. Does anyone know a source for better after market replacements? Thanks

I can make them using your original brackets If they are in good condition.

If not there is a surcharge for I have to pay for brackets.

I use new channel, correct grade rivets etc have sold several full sets with no complaints so far.

I charge £24.50 each, you post me your old ones, I will then send you a full set, postage to you at my cost, If you are happy with them, you then send me a cheque.

Simple, and I have always been paid.

Hi, I have bought replacement 4 window channels for my TR5; however, they are a much larger profile than the originals. Does anyone know a source for better after market replacements? Thanks

The Roadster Factory (USA) make perfect new channels and I believe these are now stocked by Moss. I used these with no installation issues and a perfect fit.

Hi Adrian,

Pete Fenlon makes a jolly good window channel, and at a very reasonable price.

Cheers,

Alec

Thanks for your endorsement of Peter's work; because of your comments, I have asked Peter to refurbish my channels. Kind regards Adrian.

Edited by Adrian D

I can make them using your original brackets If they are in good condition.

If not there is a surcharge for I have to pay for brackets.

I use new channel, correct grade rivets etc have sold several full sets with no complaints so far.

I charge £24.50 each, you post me your old ones, I will then send you a full set, postage to you at my cost, If you are happy with them, you then send me a cheque.

Simple, and I have always been paid.

• 2 weeks later...

Can I just make a few suggestions regarding window channels.

You can buy a 2meter length of channel from Baines for around £10, the profile appears wider for it doesnt slide easily into your original bracket.

The brackets have to be "opened up" and the channels closed in, and when in position just reverse the procedure.

Folk on ebay are selling channel at £16 for 4 pieces, people believe that they are good value but then discover they have to do the rivetting etc etc.

rivets required are NR6 these are the correct hardness and work well, so you can make your own with patience.

Its a time consuming job for you can break the nylon guides ruin the backs of the channels, rivet in the wrong place, etc etc.

but dont get conned by ebay channel sellers, so you have all the info I have gained, trust this clears the "channel" rip off merchants for some of us.

Edited by pfenlon