help - bonnet stuck

I used a length of nylon strimmer line (very strong) knotted round the operating pin and brought sideways in front of and past the clutch master cylinder before feeding it through a convenient grommet in the bulkhead and then forming a large loop. I also took no chances and replaced the inner steel cable. As Jean says once fitted it is unlikely to be needed!

Like Jean I had the bonnet catch jam on the bit of the bottom catch that doesn't move, original catch release or emergency catch release was of no use.

I cut a hole directly underneath that let me use a screwdriver to lever the catch free. I used a standard floor hole plug to seal the hole.

This was during bonnet fitting, and occurred every time I closed the bonnet until I had it fitted correctlty.

have no idea whether this problem will occur during normal use, so it is quite possibly overkill, but now it is there I won't need the emergency catch release, even though I like the design of them, including the cord version.