original bonnet badge?

I just bought this bonnet badge as "an original new old stock bonnet badge". But it's quite different of my old badge. What do you think?

Thank you.

Leonardo,

I am guessing that the badge is too big a diameter to be for a TR4A.

Measure the overall diameter and if it is 3.1/4" or 82mm I am sure it is for the hub cap of a mid 60's Triumph 1300 saloon car.

I hope it did not cost you too much?

Regards, Richard

Hi Leonardo,

it's not a 4A bonnet badge.

Perhaps the one that was on ebay ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TRIUMPH-TR4A-BONNET-BADGE-NOS_W0QQitemZ230431485767QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item35a6c96f47

As Richard suggests, it's the centre badge of a hubcap from a fwd Triumph 1300 or 1500 saloon, produced 1965-1974.

Worth not a lot, there aren't many 1300/1500 cars surviving, maybe £2 or £3. Claim your money back from the seller.

Cheers,

Alec

Hi Leonardo,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TRIUMPH-TR4A-BONNET-BADGE-NOS_W0QQitemZ230431485767QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item35a6c96f47

As Richard suggests, it's the centre badge of a hubcap from a fwd Triumph 1300 or 1500 saloon, produced 1965-1974.

Worth not a lot, there aren't many 1300/1500 cars surviving, maybe £2 or £3. Claim your money back from the seller.

Cheers,

Alec

Alec,

Following further into the link you posted I note that the same seller sold a TR4 overider of the like/type I have not seen before. Front overider with an open back?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230425098704

From the feedback I would assume the buyer was not impressed either - but somehow a deal was obviously done.......???

Regards, Richard

Hi Richard,

I do have some knowledge of that particular item, as in I have seen it - and no, it's not mine ! It isn't the first open backed front over rider I've seen - rears I can only recall having seen closed back. My knowledge of TR4s is in any case pretty limited, I know a little more about the earlier and later TRs.

As an occasional seller on ebay myself, I endeavour to get my facts right, or alternatively to make it clear that I am not certain of the origins and/or application of a particular item - and hopefully I'm always open to correction by those more knowledgeable. Other folks have their own ways of doing things.

'Nuff said ?

Cheers,

Alec

Hi Leonardo,

Cheers,

Alec

Yes, that is the badge I bought. And that is the badge I'm going to send back and get my money back too.

Thank you very much for your answers.

The knoledge you all have on Triumphs is unbelievable. Thanks again.