Bosch fuel pump

Hi all

I need some help here, I have referred to the numerous old topics concerning the dreaded fuel pump all of whoich have been incredibly useful. Having trawled through the various pages I have convinced myself (rightly or wrongly) that I'm going to take the plunge and install the bosch filter and pump. I'm happy to buy the unit already assembled however being a 'fool' wish to buy the component parts myself and bulid a bespoke setup. As far as I can make out the filter part no is a Bosch 405 905 021 and Fuel pump a Bosch 0 508 254 909? Would you all agree with my interpretation and if so point me towards a supplier?

Thanks again

Hi all

I need some help here, I have referred to the numerous old topics concerning the dreaded fuel pump all of whoich have been incredibly useful. Having trawled through the various pages I have convinced myself (rightly or wrongly) that I'm going to take the plunge and install the bosch filter and pump. I'm happy to buy the unit already assembled however being a 'fool' wish to buy the component parts myself and bulid a bespoke setup. As far as I can make out the filter part no is a Bosch 405 905 021 and Fuel pump a Bosch 0 508 254 909? Would you all agree with my interpretation and if so point me towards a supplier?

Thanks again

Yes, they'll do the job. There are some other pump options e.g. if you want a slightly bigger inlet you could use the 0 508 254 910. FSE can supply the parts you need http://www.fuelsystem.co.uk/Out-tank%20fuel%20injection%20pumps.pdf

I am afraid I am unable to verify the Bosch part numbers and acknowledge your desire to make up the kit yourself...

However, I purchased the kit to install in my car together with the 'upgraded' PRV (I was having a few 'issues' of a horrible resonance with the original) from Malcolm at Prestige - very helpful chap indeed and very willing to give free advice. Thought that I would bite the bullet and do both at the same time!

Other sources do provide similar kits - same quality I know not.

The kit was easy and quick to install and came with everything needed - very happy with it...

Brgds

I have done two myself albeit that I cant confirm parts. Certainly the filters bboth pre and post were for a Fiat Punto. Installed and ran no problems. Saved some dosh but had to do the work. By the time youve added in the hoses you may say about £100 but it will take that much in time etc. There is a certain pride in DIY...

regards

Robin

Hte ...909 is fine and is AFIK the part supplied by the TR people. Can be got from most good motor factors - the high pressure fuel lines can be made up cheaply enough by companies such as Pirtek.

The 910 does have a larger inlet but, as with the 909 it is considerably larger than the tank outlet so probably there is little to be gained over the 909.