Door Mirrors

I've recently had some Moss TR5-style door mirrors fitted to my 1962 TR4 (necessary for Germany). Unfortunately, they seem impossible to adjust. If I try to move the glass, the whole assembly swings back on its spring. Should I (a) use force to move the glass relative to the stem, (B) undo the screw at the back of the housing, or © leave well alone and be glad that the letter of the German law has been satisfied, even if I can't actually see what's behind me!

Thanks in advance.

I've recently had some Moss TR5-style door mirrors fitted to my 1962 TR4 (necessary for Germany). Unfortunately, they seem impossible to adjust. If I try to move the glass, the whole assembly swings back on its spring. Should I (a) use force to move the glass relative to the stem, (B) undo the screw at the back of the housing, or © leave well alone and be glad that the letter of the German law has been satisfied, even if I can't actually see what's behind me!

Thanks in advance.

You do need to undo the screw to adjust the glass, just undo it a bit to keep some friction otherwise they flop about and then sit in the car and get someone to adjust them for you as trying to get them lined up when in your normal driving position is nigh on impossible. As there is a limited amount of movement you may find the opposite one to you will need the stem turning and retightening to start.

Stuart.