Aligning windows to soft top roof

Hi all TR6 owners. Just got hold of my first TR6 - its a CR model in red. Only issue is both door windows when wound up sit outside the top of the roof by as much as 1cm and getting wet when it rains! Can ayone tell me if its possible to adjust the windows to sit inside and under the roof? Thanks in advance

Hi all TR6 owners. Just got hold of my first TR6 - its a CR model in red. Only issue is both door windows when wound up sit outside the top of the roof by as much as 1cm and getting wet when it rains! Can ayone tell me if its possible to adjust the windows to sit inside and under the roof? Thanks in advance

Hi Waterhouse,

Welcome to the forum.

It is not possible to adjust the windows so that they sit inside the roof....

you would then not be able to open the doors, and close, with windows up.

The glass when wound up should sit tight against the fabric of the softop.Then there is the

rubber trim that sits inside of glass, this can be adjusted slightly so it touches the glass

when fully wound up.

There is possible adjustment of the glass but you will need to remove the door

panel and have a fidle. How close is the glass to the rake of the windscreen pillar?

If you are able to post a picture that would be a great help.

Cheers

Guy

/quote]

hi Mr Water house

that is a hell of a lot 10 mm being that it is on both sides i would want to do some comparison checks

against another tr6 that is right (measurements)

then you can find out were the prob is, could be the hood is wrong

regards pink

Hi Waterhouse,

Welcome to the forum.

It is not possible to adjust the windows so that they sit inside the roof....

you would then not be able to open the doors, and close, with windows up.

The glass when wound up should sit tight against the fabric of the softop.Then there is the

rubber trim that sits inside of glass, this can be adjusted slightly so it touches the glass

when fully wound up.

There is possible adjustment of the glass but you will need to remove the door

panel and have a fidle. How close is the glass to the rake of the windscreen pillar?

If you are able to post a picture that would be a great help.

Cheers

Guy

Thanx Guy - I'll get some pics posted tomorrow and check the measurments

It is possible to adjust the glass inwards a bit but its a very fiddly job. Take the door trim board off and you will see where the runners are bolted to the frame. the idea is to shim the runners outwards towards the door skin at the lower ends so the top will come in towards the hood. Loosen all the mounting bolts slightly and then remove the bottom two on the runners and insert more washers between the bracket and the inner frame. You wont get much but it may be enough to close the gap up.

Stuart

It is possible to adjust the glass inwards a bit but its a very fiddly job. Take the door trim board off and you will see where the runners are bolted to the frame. the idea is to shim the runners outwards towards the door skin at the lower ends so the top will come in towards the hood. Loosen all the mounting bolts slightly and then remove the bottom two on the runners and insert more washers between the bracket and the inner frame. You wont get much but it may be enough to close the gap up.

Stuart

Thanks all for the help here. Followed Stuarts suggestion yesterday by adjusting the runners and found c 5mm of movement. Happy to report both windows now snug to roof.

Many thanks