TR2/3/3A Cockpit cappings

My Aug '59 TR3A has the same disintegrating leather on the dash 50 years now. I will be removing i the next week or so. Th door and dogleg have been redone so it will be interesting to see what is under that hopefully reusable spongy material. What to replace with if it's unusable?

Eric-

Get Roadster Factory's capping kit if you need it. I did, and it has worked very well. (door capping)

Randy

Edited by RandallD

Hi Bob,

on this side of the pond it's an offence, how our American friends malign the English language is their concern, not mine . . . .

And it's Alec with a C not an X if you really wish to be pedantic ! ;):D

No umbrage taken, I hasten to add . . . :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Alec

Sorry Alec, didn't mean to misspell your name, merely responding reflexively to "transatlantic tossers".

Bob Brennan

S. Freeport, ME

Hi Don,

Still some confusion about the door capping. It's not the door itself

I'm querying, it's the trmimmed capping door top roll.

You say all alloy except the elbow capping but I'm sure the door capping

base unit must have been steel.

Ah yes, I remember it well. If you recall, we both approached Jim Hawkins separately

with original unfaded colour samples, requesting leather trim the same colour.

Jim could see our samples were identical and arranged for some red leather hides to be

custom dyed by Connollys'. Not that expensive, just a bit of waiting time. We had to

wait for the large-order red leather to be done first, our limited production was done

at the end by adjusting the remaining dye.

Wish they could still offer that service.

AlanR

Hi Alan

I had my Lagonda re-trimmed last year and Frank of Langley Leather, Higham Ferrers, Northamptonshire - 07714 232 313 - bought some of the Connelly equipment and can match almost any colour/finish. I bought 5 skins at about £4.00psqft. Frank also gave me a tin of the dye paint so that scuff marks can be re-touched.

Regards

JohnS

Hi Alan

I had my Lagonda re-trimmed last year and Frank of Langley Leather, Higham Ferrers, Northamptonshire - 07714 232 313 -

bought some of the Connelly equipment and can match almost any colour/finish. I bought 5 skins at about £4.00psqft.

Frank also gave me a tin of the dye paint so that scuff marks can be re-touched.

Regards

JohnS

John,

Thanks for that - that's good to know. Wish I had known when I did

the leather trim for TR 2100.

A most useful lead that I think will be very useful for reference

for members.

AlanR