Left to right info wanted

I have Roger williams book and the section I need to alter the clutch and brake pedals is only 50% helpful.

No problem with the clutch pedal, a drawing is there.

Not so for the brake pedal, possibly with legislation being what it is he recomends buying one, before saying the quality of the new pedal is poor.

But does say that an EXPERT welder would be able to bend it straight so to speak.

So does anyone have a DRAWING please.

Update on shell repairs left side floor was holed where the underfelt had retained water so cut it out and fitted panels from other cars, also changing from left to right.

If any one can spot an error or make a suggestion before it goes off to paint, please do.

One of the hard tasks is to get all the sand out after blasting I have turned the shell over a few times and still sand appears. a few pics.

DSC04412.jpgDSC04413.jpgDSC04415.jpgDSC04416.jpg

I wont say you cant see the join, but its strong, not sure if I should do the filler in this weather its cold int garage lads.

Peter looks like perfectly acceptable repairs to me. dont forget to get some red primer around before seam sealing everything off. Cant help you with the pedal but I would have though the "Usual suspects" would have a s/hand one. I have had similar problems with sand from Californian/desert imports and its usually a case of keep blowing everywhere out with an airline when the shell is both ways up and I have even resorted to a small piece of rubber tubing taped to the end of a vacuum cleaner hose to get right into ends of box sections etc.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart

Hello Stuart I got a can of the red stuff you reccomended, they only had one can though more available mid January.

I will seam seal both sides and a good insulation cut to correct floor size should complete the job.

Havent started bashing the wings yet though!

Edited by pfenlon

looking good Pete,

I used a S/H set of pedals from TRGB. Don't make the same mistake that I made, when cutting the holes for brake and clutch cylinders...... I duplicated and cut all the holes to the right hand side, before realising that the clutch cylinder mounts on top of the pedal box in RHD...... :(

john

Hello John,

had I not had to replace the left toeboard I think I WOULD HAVE DONE THE SAME.

but that was one reason for putting some pics up so errors can be noted thanks John.