Hello Webmaster,

Help! I just wrote a loooooooooong response to a recent post. As I finished it, I indicated that I would have some definite information tomorrow. Instead of "tomorrow" I typed "manana." When I hit Alt-0241, to put the tilda over the "n," all went blank. And my life flashed before my eyes.

Can I get it back, or is it gone for good? (I won't turn my computer off tonight, just in case you know of a way that I can retrieve it.)

Sorry to be such a PITA, but I am, after all, a Yank.

I've done the same a few times and occasionally managed to recover the typed but unsubmitted response. Try opening a copy of your session (e.g. if using IE, then File > New Tab) and then use the Back button in either the original or the new session. No logical reason why this should work but it has done once or twice for me. Probably depends on the browser you are using and the version. Maybe Webby can give you a more technical solution with a greater chance of success.

Having lost a lot of longer postings in the early days of this Forum, I generally copy and paste any posting greater than three or four lines into a text editor as I go.

Sorry that we were deprived of your utterances, which are certainly an enhancement to the forum.

I sometimes find my posts vanishing - a good thing, some may think tongue.gif - when I press Preview. The vanishment takes place if I have used a smiley, usually the text after the first smiley all disappears, but sometimes after the second smiley.

Sometimes it all survives.

I have been unable to determine the cause or predict its happening.

So I have two 'solutions', one is to have a blank Word document open and copy my post into there before pressing Preview, the other is simply to Copy the post and then it sits in my text buffer and can be Pasted back.

It's soooo

I tend to just post it and then edit it afterwards if I have made a cock up. (that way unless you happen to be viewing it at the same time no one knows :lol: )

Stuart